Senior Web Developer
We are searching for a skilled senior web developer who can join our talented digital team and help us to continue to deliver our fantastic solutions to our clients on both a national and international scale.
With at least five years’ industry experience, you will work as part of our development team to deliver quality web solutions, using a variety of technologies, content management systems and toolkits, such as Craft and Laravel.
Strong communication skills are essential, including the ability to explain your ideas and give feedback where required. We are a culture of inclusion and collaboration and as such you will be encouraged to voice your opinions and concepts in order to aid in the continual development of the business.
We’re looking for somebody with an understanding of agile project methodologies, who can work to budget and deadlines, and maintain a good knowledge of current technologies to deliver projects and well-considered solutions.
In return for your expertise we can offer you a great working environment as well as clearly defined progression and development routes for your career. You will be exposed to a diverse range of assignments.
- CSS3, SASS
- PHP Frameworks (Laravel, CodeIgniter)
- XML & JSON
- CMS (Craft, Expression Engine, WordPress)
- Github (gulp, yarn, bower)
- Linux, Nginx Configuration
- Payment Gateways (Sage Pay, WorldPay, PayPal)
- Adobe XD, PS
- Advanced knowledge of Frameworks and can create custom software to requirements.
- Can recommend best strategy for custom build.
- Can suggest and implement new technology strategy.
- Make sure that we are offering the best solutions for all projects.
- Further development of Bluestorm’s Craft CMS boiler plate.
- Further development of Bluestorm’s internal workflow solution.
- Responsible for the maintenance and development of our client hosting offering.
- Lead the team of developers encouraging shared knowledge and best practices.
- Instrumental in training other staff members.
- Checking developers progress through key stages of all projects.
- Keeping abreast of industry standards and technologies making sure the development team is always progressing forward.
- To attend client meetings on request of the Head of Digital with the sole purpose of obtaining an accurate technical brief.
- Able to write full technical briefs for client sign off.
- Responsible for work scheduling in the absence of the Head of Digital.
- Provide assistance with pricing.
- Server Maintenance.
- First line support for all client queries and web amends.
- Innovate ideas in the company’s pursuit of fee based subscription projects.
- Drive forward the company’s pursuit of the best ecommerce solution for our clients.
- Conform to general development guidelines for the team.
- Build fully responsive, semantic and browser tested websites and applications.
- Understand our chosen CMS.
- Develop, amend and test own work across custom, large and small projects.
- Work within timeframes and manage own time.
- Maintain a daily record of work completed and scheduled.
- Meeting relevant legal requirements such as accessibility standards.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Constantly improve skills.
- Adapt to new ways of working.
- Take criticism and give solutions.
- Contribute to complex problem solving.
- Impeccable eye for detail and personal standards.
- An interest in industry developments.
- Be a good communicator in all forms – written / verbal / body language etc.
- Have the ability to perform well under pressure.
- Be commercially minded – the ability to read commercial situations and turn them to the advantage of the agency and its clients is crucial.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.