When the Bennetts Timber team asked for our help, they were upset because their website had sunk without trace in Google rankings.
Their existing SEO agency seemed unable to help – could we?
A review of their on and off page SEO quickly revealed the problem.
The previous agency had been employing ‘black hat’ SEO techniques – namely purchasing thousands or poor-quality links back to www.bennettstimber.co.uk – in a misguided attempt to fool Google into thinking that it was highly regarded by other sites.
Unfortunately, Google is wise to such practices and penalised Bennett’s by removing their website from search results.
We tackled this by contacting all of the owners of the spam websites and asking them to remove the links to Bennett’s. We also submitted all of the spam addresses to Google, using the disavow tool, to request that they be ignored when indexing the site.
Lastly, we optimised the site from top to bottom and implemented a full off page SEO strategy.
The results, so far, have been impressive, including:
• Google penalty removed
• 25% increase in organic traffic year-on-year (2015/16 vs 16/17)
• 158% increase in conversions - visitors using the estimator tool, requesting a quote or filling out a contact form
• Increase in conversion rates from 1.44% to 3.31%
• 8% increase in page views for cladding products
• Listings on first pages for targeted keywords
• Reputable links built, including one from Channel 4